This is most likely the result of very similar matches to your album in the Gracenote database.
Many popular audio CD playback programs (such as iTunes, WinAmp, Mac OS finder) look at the number of tracks on your disc as well as the length of each track then cross reference that information with the Gracenote CD Database over the internet.
When your program thinks it has found a good match to these characteristics it will pull down those track names from the database and display them on your computer. If it finds more than one match it will give you a list of album titles to choose from. If there is an album in the database that has similar characteristics (and is NOT your album) the wrong info may get pulled down into your program.
This does not necessarily mean the the CD-Text or ISRC codes that may be embedded on the CD itself are incorrect and this is a bit outside our control, but here is what can be done to try and help the situation.
First, lets make sure your CD is registered with the Gracenote Database using all of the correct names. This has to be done with the physical CD in your computer's drive, so you will have to do this.
It only takes a few minutes and is easy when using iTunes.
Once done, it will take 24-48 hours for this new info to be live on the Gracenote database.
Moving forward, the correct track names SHOULD be pulled from Gracenote or your album will be a selection in a list of album when the CD is put into the computer. If your album has similar characteristics to another album (common when a CD has 1-3 tracks) I'm afraid there is nothing we can do to be sure only your track names are pulled from the database, and the pop up window asking the listener to make a choice is unavoidable.
1. First, open up iTunes on your computer and insert your CD.
2. A message will pop up asking if you want to import - but NOT so fast… first you need to select the tracks on the CD by highlighting each of them.
3. Next, right click and select "Get Info" and click on the "info" tab. Here you can change the album title, name of the artist, and title your tracks. When you finish that, click "OK."
4. Highlight each individual track, right click on them and select "Get Info." Make your changes to the track names and then click "Next." When you're finished click "OK"
5. Lastly, highlight all the tracks once, click on the "Options" symbol in the top right hand corner of the track list window. Select "Submit CD Track Names"
For more information along with Gracenote support contact info, visit: https://www.gracenote.com/company/support/