YES! We’re continuing our physical distribution program.
CD Baby will continue to:
- warehouse your CDs and vinyl
- fulfill orders placed through Amazon, Alliance, local record stores, and other outlets
- send you re-stock requests when we need more discs
A couple of things have changed:
- All physical stock must be Retail Ready. If you are selling homemade CD-Rs, we’ll need you to provide professionally duplicated or replicated CDs if you want to be eligible for physical distribution.
- UPC barcodes are required for all physical products.
- You will need to remove any CD Baby store links on your website, social profiles, or EPK to Amazon Marketplace links. We’ll still fulfill those orders!
Where should I send fans to buy my CDs and Vinyl?
You’ll want to send your fans to the Amazon Marketplace instead of the CD Baby store so remember to swap those links on your website, social profiles, EPKs, etc. More than 80% of the CDs we shipped last year were purchased through Amazon, or wholesalers that also do business with Amazon, so it’s clear customers are VERY comfortable shopping for music there.
Do I have to do anything if I want to continue with physical distribution?
- If you already opted in for physical distribution, there’s nothing else you need to do. We’ll continue to manage your inventory in our warehouse the same way we have been, and we’ll keep fulfilling orders that come through Amazon, Alliance, etc.
- For new titles, you will still be able to opt-in for physical distribution and send us an initial quantity of CDs or vinyl to stock.
- For existing titles not yet opted in for physical distribution, you can do so at any time from your CD Baby dashboard at no additional charge. It’s included with all album distribution through CD Baby.